Football Facts: Did You Know?
INDIVIDUAL OFFENSIVE RECORDS
Most Points Scored (Game)
The most points scored in one Alabama high school football game by one individual is 58 points by Tommy Haley-Ricks. Tommy Haley-Ricks scored nine touchdowns in this game, which is also holds the AHSAA record. Check out who else makes the list for most points in a game.
- 58- Tommy Haley-Ricks, Hubbertville (2008)
- 57- Tony Dixon, Parrish (2003)
- 55- Jack Golson, Lowndes County (1950)
- 52- Akeem Dobney, Bibb County (2011)
- 51- John Tucker, Frisco City (1998)
Most Points Scored (Season)
Throughout a season, a football player is lucky to score a few touchdowns. This is the impressive list for most points scored in a season in AHSAA history.
- 318- La’Damian Webb, Beauregard (2016)
- 306- Jermarcus Brown, Pickens County (2013)
- 301- Garrett Sanders, GW Long (2016)
- 297- Garrett Sanders, GW Long (2015)
- 288- Jamarius Henderson, Dale County (2014)
Most Points Scored (Career)
Mac Campbell holds several AHSAA football records, one of them being most points scored throughout his high school career, coming in at an astounding 928 points. Here are the other players that make the list.
- 928- Mac Campbell, Alexandria (1993-97)
- 896- Terrance Hollingsworth, Berry (2009-13)
- 750- Jamarius Henderson, Dale County (2010-14)
- 744- Garrett Sanders, GW Long (2013-16)
- 732- Donnie Gosa, Hackleburg (1990-95)
Most field goals made in a career
In AHSAA history, there has been a record of 46 field goals made in a career. Check out who tops this list.
- 46- Andy Pappanastos, Trinity (2008-11)
- 43- Philip Doyle, Huffman (1983-86)
- 32- Kyle Caldwell, Dadeville (2006-10)
- 31- Danny Haynes, Brooks (1996-98)
- 3— Evan McPherson, Fort Payne (2013-17)
Longest field goals made
The longest field goal in AHSAA history was 61 yards and was made by Sage Ledbetter in 2015. Here is an impressive list of long field goals made by Alabama high school kickers.
- 61- Sage Ledbetter, Auburn (2015)
- 60- Evan McPherson, Fort Payne (2017)
- 60- Michael Proctor, Pelham (1991)
- 59- Kevin Gentle, Guntersville (1993)
- 57- Logan McPherson, Fort Payne (2012)
Most extra points kicked in a game
This AHSAA record has been held for almost 100 years. Check out who has the most extra points kicked in a game.
- 14- Grant Gillis, Clarke County (1921)
- 11- Sam Riggs, Marion County (2012)
- 11- Spence Overstreet, Demopolis (2009)
- 11- Taylor Williams, Central-Tuscaloosa (1996)
- 10- Nathan Geis, Madison Academy (2014)
Most Passing yards in a season
One future Alabama quarterback and one former Alabama quarterback make the list for most passing yards in a season in AHSAA history. Find out who they are here.
- 4,132- Tyler Caldwell, Cullman (2008)
- 4,120- Chris Smelley, American Christian Academy (2005)
- 3,821- John Parker Wilson, Hoover (2003)
- 3,820- Taulia Tagovailoa, Thompson (2017)
- 3,787- Brodie Croyle, Westbrook Christian (1998)
Total Offense: Rushing, Passing & Receiving (Career)
With a combination of rushing, passing and receiving yards, Terrance Hollingsworth holds the AHSAA record with 11,788 yards. Every single player on this prestigious list went on to play football at the collegiate level.
- 11,788- Terrance Hollingsworth, Berry (2009-13)
- 11,266- Zach Smith, Susan Moore (2003-06)
- 11,004- Mitch Stults, Hamilton (2009-12)
- 9,853- Jameis Winston, Hueytown (2008-11)
- 9,796- Chris Nickson, Pike County (2000-03)
The longest punt in AHSAA history has been 92 yards. Here are the impressive punts that make the record list for longest punts in AHSAA history.
- 92- Jonathan Kilgo, Gadsden City (2017)
- 85- Joe Kirkpatrick, Russellville (1969)
- 84- Evan McPherson, Fort Payne (2017)
- 81- Taylor Pharr, Shades Valley (2005)
- 78- Warren Martin, Fort Payne (1944)
DEFENSIVE INDIVIDUAL RECORDS
Most Interceptions (Career)
These four football players can say that they have the most interceptions in a career in AHSAA history.
- 36- Quinton Craig, Tarrant (1985-87)
- 28- Phillip Williams, Meek (2001-04)
- 27- Brian Bouchillon, Cherokee County (1990-92)
- 24- Maurice Brewster, Ohatchee (1998-2001)
Most Interceptions Returned for Touchdown (Game)
Nobody has beaten these five former Alabama high school football players—yet. The most pick-six plays in a game has been two, and the record is held by five players.
- 2- Derickey Wright, Etowah (2018)
- 2- Tyler Danzey, Headland (2018)
- 2- Damiean Archibald, Sipsey Valley (2013)
- 2- J.C. Finch, Berry (2012)
- 2- Demarcus Johnson, Clements (2012)
Most Interceptions Returned for Touchdowns (Career)
Kerryon Johnson, a familiar name for Auburn fans, holds the record for most pick-six plays in AHSAA history.
- 8- Kerryon Johnson, Madison Academy (2011-14) (19int)
Most Tackles (Career)
With an impressive 675 tackles, Thomas Johnston from Spanish Forts holds the record for the most tackles in an AHSAA career.
- 675- Thomas Johnston, Spanish Fort (2013-16)
- 622- Demarco McNeil, Blount (1996-98)
- 612- Matthew Forester, Briarwood Christian (1996-98)
- 580- Raleigh Killen, Rogers (2009-12)
- 569- Davis Flowers, Houston Academy (2003-06)
Most State Championships (All-Time)
These Alabama high schools have won the most state championships in AHSAA history, with the number one team being 13.
- Hoover (13)
- Hazlewood (11)
- Sweet Water (10)
- UMS-Wright (7)
- Clay County, T.R. Miller, Homewood (6)
Most State Championship Appearances
These teams have made it to the state championship games year after year. Here is the record list for most state championship appearances of all time.
- Hoover (20)
- Hazlewood (14)
- Sweet Water (13)
- Colbert County (12)
Coaches with the Most State Championships
These coaches have an impressive number of wins throughout their career. Here are the top three winningest coaches in AHSAA history.
- Josh Niblett, Hoover (6) Oneonta (1)
- Danny Horn, Clay County (6)
- Terry Curtis, UMS-Wright (6)
Most Wins (Consecutive)
These Alabama high school teams hold the record for most consecutive wins.
- 55- Clay County
- 50- Verbena
- 49- Tuscaloosa
- 35- Banks
- 34- Millport